The Federal Government and the Atlantic Provinces of Canada introduced Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP) to address the labor Market shortage in the Atlantic provinces of Canada. The Atlantic Pilot Program helps employers of Atlantic Canada, hire skilled foreign workers and International Graduates to drive the economic growth of Atlantic Canada.
After its initial success, AIPP was extended for 2 years till December 2021, and this makes AIPP a pathway to Permanent Residence for skilled foreign workers and International Graduates who aspire to work and live in one of the 4 Atlantic Provinces of Canada. The Atlantic Canada includes Provinces such as:
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
The average processing time for AIPP application is 6 months and this is primarily because of rules that do not make it mandatory for most employers to apply and receive a positive Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
A substitute for fresh Graduates & Candidates with Low CRS under Express Entry
Finding a job in Canada for fresh graduates can be challenging. The common immigration programs such as Federal skilled workers program and Canadian Experience Class, requires a minimum of one year work experience before applying for Permanent Residence. AIPP offers a solution for international students who graduate in Atlantic Provinces, because it does not require any work experience to be eligible and makes it easier to acquire Permanent Residence in Canada after graduation.
Candidates with Low Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points under Express Entry often struggle to get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residence. However, AIPP does not follow point-based system and also the Language requirements under AIPP are lower than almost all other immigration program making it one of the easiest pathways for permanent Residence in Canada.
The Structure & Eligibility of Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
It is mandatory for the employer to support the new comers and their family as they integrate into their new lives in Atlantic Canada. To hire skilled immigrants under AIPP, employers are not required to apply for Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) but will have to follow the below steps:
- Designation – The employer must apply to Atlantic Provinces for designation and co-operate with a settlement service provider organization in the province to help new comers settle and integrate in Canada.
- Recruitment – Follow the basic guidelines of recruitment and
- Endorsement – The employer must complete endorsement for each applicant, also it is important for the employer to get the settlement plan for each applicant and his family and send the whole application package to the province for review.
There are specific requirements for each province for the employers,
to know more you can click here
Skilled Immigrants and International Graduates
The skilled Immigrants and International graduates can follow the below steps to apply for Permanent Residence under Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP)
- Job Offer – Receive a full time Job offer from a designated employer
- Settlement Plan – Get a need assessment and settlement plan from a designated settlement service provider organization.
- Letter of Endorsement – Receive a letter of Endorsement from the province and
- PR Application – Apply for Permanent Residence under AIPP.
As discussed earlier international students that graduate in Atlantic Provinces do not require any work experience, thus making it easier for them to apply for Permanent Residence of Canada.
AIPP a popular choice
With a fairly relaxed language points and unique criteria, Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program offers a new pathway for Permanent Residence to skilled workers and International Graduates. Atlantic Provinces offer competitive advantage and bring wide variety of opportunities for Aspiring immigrants and international students to support the economic growth. It is fair to conclude that AIPP is a popular choice for Canadian Immigration
To know more about Canadian visa news and updates, get in touch with us
Contact us on +966-547598555 / 966-569521000 / 966-541219841 or email@example.com