Hi There,

Want to know more about Canada healthcare system? Read this blog and I am sure, we will give you more information about Canada’s Universal healthcare industry.

Healthcare in Canada is delivered through the provincial and territorial systems of publicly funded health care, Medicare. It is guided by the provisions of the Canada Health Act of 1984, and is universal. Canadian Medicare provides coverage for approximately 70 percent of Canadians’ healthcare needs, and the remaining 30 percent is paid through the private sector.

Canada’s universal healthcare system

If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you may apply for public health insurance. With it, you don’t have to pay for most health-care services.

The universal health-care system is paid for through taxes. When you use public health-care services, you must show your health insurance card to the hospital or medical clinic.

Each province and territory has their own health insurance plan. Make sure you know what your plan covers.

All provinces and territories will provide free emergency medical services, even if you don’t have a government health card. There may be restrictions depending on your immigration status.

If you have an emergency, go to the nearest hospital. A walk-in clinic might charge fees if you don’t live in that province or territory.

You can click here to check your eligibility for Canadian citizenship.

How is Canada containing the cost of medical care?

Costs are controlled principally through single-payer purchasing, and increases in real spending mainly reflect government investment decisions or budgetary overruns. Cost-control measures include:

  • Drug formularies for provincial drug plans
  • Negotiated fee schedules for providers
  • Resource restrictions for physicians and nurses (such as provincial quotas for students admitted annually)
  • Restrictions on new investment in capital and technology.
  • Mandatory global budgets for hospitals and regional health authorities


Not just the above points, A variety of other quality initiatives are also in progress in order to make Canadian healthcare more helpful to the citizens:

  • The Optimal Use Projects program, operated by the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health, provides recommendations (though not formal clinical guidelines) to providers and consumers to encourage the appropriate prescribing, purchasing, and use of medications.
  • The federally funded Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement works with Province & Territory governments to implement performance improvement initiatives.
  • Provincial quality councils facilitate process improvements to produce higher-quality health care.
  • Provincial cancer registries feed data to the Canadian Cancer Registry, a national administrative survey that tracks cancer incidence.
  • Accreditation Canada — a nongovernmental organization — provides voluntary accreditation services to about 1,200 health care organizations across Canada, including regional health authorities, hospitals, long-term care facilities, and community organizations.

Connect with Emigrantz Global Consultancy to apply for your permanent residency to Canada. You can enjoy various benefits by migrating to Canada – and we will explain it to you.

Emigrantz Global Consultancy registered and partnered with ICCRC (ICCRC – R407847) has more than a decade’s experience in the immigration industry. We have been fulfilling the needs of Permanent residency, student visa, business visa and work permit aspirants for Canada along with other countries.

We are just a call / email away to help you in making your dreams come true.

Contact us on : +966-547598555 / 966-569521000 / 966-541219841

Email : /