What is Educational Counselling?
Educational Counselling mainly refers to providing assistance and guidance to students in making the right choices in their studies, be it their educational plans, career aspirations, choice of stream and specialisation as well as the selection of college or university as per their interests and preferences.
What is an Educational Counsellor?
An Educational Counselor mainly works with school and college students in academic environments. Many schools have their own educational counsellors to help students find the right career and make informed choices in their studies especially special needs children and educational counsellors also assist students in dealing with the personal issues impacting their academic journey. To resolve such issues, and Educational Counsellor also interacts with the student’s parents or guardian or teachers to help them in figuring out the best solutions for the student’s problems.
Types of Educational Counselling
There are three core types of Educational Counselling:
- Educational Guidance and Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Career Counselling
Guidance and Counselling
Guidance and Counselling focus on providing the right guidance to students as per their academic needs, be it selecting the right stream to find the best college and course after completing high school. Educational counsellors are generally found in schools and colleges and you can also seek guidance from educational counselling services to get the right mentorship for your academic journey.
Emigrantz respects each learner and aims to provide a suitable learning atmosphere to meet your educational needs. We work closely with all partners to support the learning procedure, as well as with other educationalists and specialists offering our proficiency to build on current knowledge and skills. Our associates in education can offer their advice and develop a specialized program for individual cases.
Importance of Educational Counselling
Educational Counselling has an important role in every student’s life as it helps them make informed decisions at every step of their academic and professional journey. Many of us think that we don’t need any professional guidance in our educational or career quest but the right mentor can actually transform your life. Let’s take a look at the importance of educational counselling for a student and working professional:
Career Counselling for Students
- Finding what you are interested in studying or pursuing as a career
- Clarifying your academic goals
- Taking informed steps towards your educational aspirations
- Create a career plan as per your interests and preferences
- Finding academic options under your budget
- Become confident about your academic choices
- Mentor students to achieve their dream education
Educational Counselling for Working Professionals
- Guidance for higher studies or continuing education
- Leveraging the right skills and education to land your dream job
- Mentor in navigating a career change
- Locating the best possible career opportunities
- Preparation for interviews
- Understanding your personality, strengths and weaknesses to find the right career
- Facilitating mid-career change or switching jobs
We Work On:
Picking the proper university package of study
Providing statistics on entry necessities
Providing information on tuition fees
Supporting in the achievement of application forms to universities in different parts of the World.
Helping you to achieve endorsement letters in support of student’s application