Everything you need to know about Canadian Student Visa
Why Canadian student visa? Because it is one of the best countries to study in. It’s a popular opinion from the international students who studied in Canada.
How long can you stay in Canada with a study permit?
A study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days let you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.
1. If you are taking prerequisite courses
If your school asks you to take courses before they accept you into the main program (you have conditional acceptance), your study permit will be valid for the length of those courses, plus 1 year. When you get accepted into the main program, you must then apply to extend your stay as a student.
2. If you finish your studies after your study permit expires
If you don’t finish your courses before the date on your permit, you must apply to extend your stay as a student. Incase if you don’t, you need to stop studying and leave Canada.
3. If you finish your studies before your study permit expires
If you finish your studies early, your permit will stop being valid 90 days after you complete your studies, no matter what day is printed on the study permit.
Prerequisites to apply for study permit:
- Should be enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)
- Prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
- Return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- Obey the law, have no criminal record and get a police certificate (if required)
- You are in good health and get a medical exam (if required)
- Prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires
Working while you study in Canada
If you like to get a part-time job to help support yourself while studying in Canada, you can now qualify to work on or off-campus for up to 20 hours during university semesters and full-time during breaks such as the winter or summer holidays, without the need for a work permit.
To qualify, you must:
- Have a valid study permit
- Be a full-time student
- Enrolled at a designated learning institution at post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at secondary level
- Studying in an academic, vocational or professional training program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate that is at least six months in duration.
You will also need a Social Insurance Number (SIN) from Service Canada to work in Canada or to receive benefits and services from government programs.
Study permit will become invalid 90 days after you have completed your study program, so you will need to acquire a post-graduation work permit if you want to stay in Canada after your studies and seek work. This is valid for three years.
Have more questions? Interested in studying abroad? You are in the right platform, contact the best immigration consultants in Saudi Arabia to represent your application and study in your dream country.
Emigrantz Global Consultancy registered and partnered with ICCRC (ICCRC – R407847) has more than a decade’s experience in the immigration industry. We have been fulfilling the needs of Permanent residency, student visa, business visa and work permit aspirants for Canada along with other countries.
We are just a call / email away to help you in making your dreams come true.
Contact us on : +966-547598555 / 966-569521000 / 966-541219841
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com