Family sponsorship is a legal process through which non-nationals (non-UK or non-European Union) can get a visa to live in the UK.
Family sponsorship is a very common way of getting into the UK as it lets you bring your spouse, children and other family members with you. In this post we will discuss what family sponsorship involves and how it works in detail to help you understand more about it.
U.K. Immigration Requirements for Family Sponsorship
When you are sponsoring your family member in the United Kingdom, there are a few things that you will need to know.
- You will need to apply for a visa. To do this, you must first find out if your family member has any dependents and whether or not they would need their own visas as well. If so, then it’s important for them to have one too!
- You’ll also want to make sure that everyone on board with this arrangement is aware of what kind of paperwork needs doing before departure—and how long it might take until their papers are approved by the government agency responsible for such matters (the Home Office).
Step-parent visa is a visa that allows a non-EU citizen to live in the UK as a step-parent of an EU citizen. The main requirement for this type of visa is that you are married and have lived together for 4 years before applying for it.
If granted, step-father visas will allow you (the applicant) to bring your spouse and children from their home country or other country where they reside with them back into the UK during the course of their stay here; however, this does not guarantee that they will be allowed entry into Britain at all times during this time period – dependant on what immigration rules apply at any given moment!
Stepfathers can apply for residence permits using either:
- Single Parent Lead Immigration Scheme (SPLIS) approval – where SPLIS approval has been granted by the relevant Home Office department; or
- Third Country National (TCN) approval – when TCN status has been granted by another national government outside of Europe
Dependent Child Visa
The dependent child visa is a visa granted to children who are dependent on their parent for financial support. Dependent Child Visa is granted to dependents under the age of 18 years.
Dependent Child Visa is granted to dependents who are unmarried and under 21 years of age.
Representative and Agency Providing Services
Family sponsorship is a process that takes time, effort and patience. It is not a one-time thing but an ongoing commitment. The benefits of family sponsorship are immense but you need to be patient with yourself and your family members as well as others around you who will also benefit from this process.
If you want to know more about family sponsorship in the UK, then search our website for information on how best to go about it!
Know more about family sponsorship in UK.
- Family sponsorship is a type of immigration that allows a foreign family member to live and work in the UK.
- It’s often used by people who want to join their family in the UK, or those who want to bring over their spouse or partner from overseas.
- Family sponsorship is a temporary visa, but it can be extended if you’re still working in Britain after five years.
Emigrantz Global Consultancy registered and partnered with ICCRC (ICCRC – R407847) has more than a decade’s experience in the immigration industry. We have been fulfilling the needs of Permanent residency, student visa, business visa and work permit aspirants for Canada along with other countries.
We are just a call / email away to help you in making your dreams come true.
Contact us on: +966-547598555 / 966-569521000 / 966-541219841