Permanent Residence under the Business Immigration Program
Canada welcomes successful business people who are seeking new opportunities and challenges. The Business Immigration Program is designed to encourage and facilitate the admission of these individuals. Both the federal and provincial/territorial governments welcome business immigrants and offer services to help immigrants start a business and settle in Canada.
Countries across the globe have created attractive permanent residency programs for entrepreneurs, business persons and HNIs. With a favourable immigration climate now is a great time for you to explore your options of settling abroad with your family and setting up business operations. Emigrantz can help you identify the right residency option based on your preferences and future plans.
Many countries offer an Investment or Business Visa to encourage immigrants who have proven experience in running a business and are interested in establishing a business overseas or invest in another country. They could be interested in opening either a new business venture or buying an existing business located overseas.
Canada has an Immigrant Investor Program which offers migrants the option of having an alternate residency status while continuing to manage already existing businesses in their home country.
These investor programs seek to attract potential overseas investors who have enough personal net worth and managerial experience.
Every country that offers an investment program has its own set of requirements and eligibility criteria. Talk to Emigrantz today for more information.
BENEFITS OF SETTLING ABROAD AS AN ENTREPRENEUR
The permanent residency programs for investors and entrepreneurs are typically designed to offer individual as well as business benefits. The best such immigration programs offer benefits like:
- Access to high standard of living
- Access to healthcare and education
- Settle with your dependants
- Access to international opportunities
- Favourable investment policies (varies by country)
- Travel benefits allowing you to conduct business globally
- Fast track to citizenship
Who Qualifies for a Canada Business Visa?
Canada offers tremendous opportunities to foreigners who want to do business in Canada. Every year, thousands of ambitious business people grace our shores and there is certainly no reason why you can not be among them.
The objective of the Business Immigration Program is to encourage investment and employment in Canada through the migration of people who have the ability to successfully establish or invest in a business in Canada.
5 Main Categories to Business Visas in Canada
Individuals with business/managerial experience and relatively high net-worth may apply for a Canadian permanent residence under the Canada Business Immigration Program in one of the following four sub-categories:
- Self Employed Persons
- PNP Business Programs
- Corporate Immigration
What you need for Canada Immigration?
- Age under 40 years
- Bachelor´s degree in any stream
- A work experience of min 2 yrs
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- A score of 67 points in the Canada’s Points based immigration selection system
- No criminal history
- Good health
What is the minimum investment that I need to apply through the Start-up Visa Program?
- If the investment comes from a designated Canadian venture capital fund, you must secure a minimum investment of $200,000.
- If the investment comes from a designated Canadian angel investor group, you must secure a minimum investment of $75,000.
- You don’t need to secure a financial investment from a business incubator. You must be accepted into a Canadian business incubator program.
1. What is a Canadian Investor Visa?
The Canadian Investor Visas are an option for people who are interested in bringing business to Canada, wanting to start a business, start a franchise, import a franchise, or open a business branch in Canada. There are two types of investor visas: Investing in the government or investing in a business.
2. How Much Money Do I Need to Invest to Qualify for the Investor Visas?
Many people will ask “how much do I need to invest to get Canada PR?” In order to invest in the government, you must provide $150,000 – $800,000 CAD to the Canadian government. After some time the government will provide you Permanent Residency.
- In order to qualify for an investor visa to open a business, you must provide proof of $350,000 – $800,000 CAD.
- You will also have to provide your net worth. This amount can range (depending on which province you are applying to) from $350,000 – $1,600,000 CAD.
- Your net worth and income must be obtained legally.
3. Is There an Age Requirement for the Investor Visa?
No age requirements for the Investor Visa Program.
4. Are There Any Work Experience Requirements?
Yes! You must have either (1.) Business ownership experience: The applicant must have been actively engaged in owning a business that provided goods or services to customers. (2.) Senior management experience: The applicant must have experience making executive decisions in the responsibility of managing a company in at least two of the following aspects of business: Sales, Marketing, Finance, Purchasing, Distributing, Accounting, Human Resources/Personnel, Research, and Development, Information Technology Management, Production/Operations/Project management, Quality Control.
5. Is There an Education Requirement for an Investor Visa?
No, there are no education requirements for the Investor Visa Program.
6. Is There a Language Requirement for an Investor Visa?
There are very flexible language requirements (depending on the province you are applying for).
7. Can I Bring My Family on a Canada Investor Visa?
Yes! If you are approved for a Canadian Investor Visa you may bring your spouse and children up to the age of 21 years old. If you are applying under the Manitoba province, you can bring your immediate siblings as well.
8. What is the Processing Time for a Canada Investor Visa?
You may be offered a work permit in 10 days or less but to be granted an investor visa it may take 1 to 2 years.
There are many different requirements for each investor program in Canada. Learn more about the Provincial Nominee Investor Programs.
To learn more about Investor Visa, Contact Us