The first few months of living in Canada are a daunting experience for international students. Although it’s important to know your rights and responsibilities as an international student in Canada, it’s also important to know what you need during your initial stay here. In this post, I’ll outline some of the basic necessities that every international student needs during their initial stay here:


Your passport is one of the most important documents you will carry with you during your stay in Canada. You should have a valid passport and should keep it updated at all times. In order to renew a passport, there are various steps involved and these can be quite complex as well. However, if all goes according to plan then renewing your Canadian passport will be simple and hassle-free!

The process of renewing your Canadian passport is similar to that of obtaining one. You will have to fill out an application form and submit it along with all the required documents to the Passport Canada office. Once all this has been done, you will be asked to provide a photograph of yourself for inclusion in your passport.

Travel insurance

Travel insurance is a must for international students who are studying in Canada.

Travel insurance should be a must for Canadian students who are studying in Canada.

International students need health insurance in Canada. Health insurance for international students is extremely important to ensure that you are covered for any accidents or illnesses during your time here in Canada.

Travel Insurance for International Students in Canada: International students studying in Canada are required to obtain travel insurance. Your travel insurance should include coverage for medical emergencies and health care, lost luggage and stolen belongings.

Health Insurance

The first thing to do is to get health insurance. Health insurance is a legal requirement for all Canadian residents, but it’s also a good idea to have travel insurance and life insurance as well.

Proper health insurance will help you pay for medical treatment while you are in Canada, and it also covers you in case of accidents or an emergency. You should get travel insurance to cover any loses if your possessions are stolen or damaged while away from home.


Accommodation is the most important thing for international students during their initial stay in Canada. It’s also the most expensive and difficult thing to find, especially if you’re from a country with a small population (like Australia).

If your accommodation costs are too high, it can be very stressful knowing that you’ll have no money left over once you pay rent and bills on top of those steep hotel room rates. This can lead to financial problems that might affect your ability to continue studying abroad or even return home early.

So, what is the best way to find affordable accommodation in Canada? It’s important to remember that accommodation costs vary depending on where you go and what type of property you choose. It’s also important to note that not all international students are eligible for government assistance programs.

Laundry Service

Laundry service is a necessity for international students. You can find it at most hostels, hotels and student residences. Even though there are laundry services available at private homes as well, it is not recommended because of the difficulty in finding someone who will do your laundry.

The best way to go about finding a laundry service is by asking around within your neighbourhood or building’s community so that you know where they are located within walking distance from where you live/study. If possible, check out reviews online before deciding which place offers better value for money!

These are the basic necessities that every international student needs to have during their initial stay in Canada

  • Passport
  • Travel insurance
  • Health insurance (including dental coverage)
  • Accommodation, including housing costs and meal credits if applicable. It is important to note that the University does not provide student residence or accommodations as part of their international student program. In addition, there are no special allowances for groceries or other personal needs when living on campus. You will need to budget for these expenses yourself.

If you are unsure about any of these details or have any questions about them, please contact us at


During your first year in Canada, you will be required to do some mandatory courses as part of your immigration process. These courses include English Language Arts and Math, which are both required for post-secondary students (or those who wish to find work). However, if you want to apply for permanent residency status or citizenship status after completing these courses successfully, then there are other classes that you may need as well (such as Canadian History).



Emigrantz Global Consultancy registered and partnered with ICCRC (ICCRC – R407847) has more than a decade’s experience in the immigration industry. We have been fulfilling the needs of Permanent residency, student visa, business visa and work permit aspirants for Canada along with other countries.

We are just a call / email away to help you in making your dreams come true.

Contact us on: +966-547598555 / 966-569521000 / 966-541219841

Email : /