New Zealand has been ranked among the happiest countries in the world. PR means permanent residency, and New Zealand earlier offered PR to the students. Nowadays, getting a New Zealand PR is quite difficult due to the increasing population of immigrants.
New Zealand PR
New Zealand also offers one of the most convenient Permanent Residency (PR) programs in the world. New Zealand also boasts one of the best educational systems in the world and its universities are among the top 3% in the world.
With recent success in handling Covid-19, the goodwill of New Zealand is at an all-time high. There has never been a better time to immigrate to New Zealand and seek Permanent Residency to lead a better and healthy life with sophisticated public health and social security systems in place.
There are various types of visas available that can help you get the Permanent Residency status such as Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa, Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa, Permanent Resident (PR) Visa, etc.
The Permanent Residents in New Zealand enjoy the following benefits:
- They have permission to stay in New Zealand indefinitely.
- They are eligible to acquire citizenship in New Zealand.
- They have unlimited rights to study, work, and live in New Zealand.
- They have eligibility to sponsor their relatives for a PR visa.
- They have access to medical and social security benefits.
Applying for a PR Visa of NZ will require the candidate to fulfil some criteria and go through an intensive process. The student can apply for a PR visa if the student possesses a job offer, less than 55 of age, and has a good command of English.
The visa process starts from applying to the embassy, and it checks every eligibility criteria provided by the candidates:
- The immigrant will first apply for a PR visa; it may be on-line or off-line.
- The student has to clarify the intentions behind staying in the country.
- An English proficiency score should also be submitted to prove the English command of the candidate.
- The candidates will then produce his/her medical certificates.
- After getting everything right, the candidate will be able to get the PR visa if he/she has a significant PR point.
For the PR visa, the immigrant should have to fulfil some requirements. There are lots of different visas through which the immigrant can gain PR of the nation, but some requirements are quite basic in all of them.
The PR Visa is mainly applied by the students who have a job offer and wish to work in the country itself. They apply through the Work visa, and after working for two years, the person gets to apply for the PR Visa.
- The candidate must have some working experience one or two (through a work visa).
- The candidate must have good command in speaking and listening skills of English.
- The candidate must have an age less than 55 years.
- The candidate must have good health while applying.
- The candidate must have a skill certificate (through skilled immigrant category).
New Zealand allows immigrant students to stay in the country after the completion of their course in NZ. There is a lot of Visa options for the students from which they can apply for any. Some of them are:
- The skilled Migrantcategory resident visa provides stay to the skilled immigrants who can contribute to the country.
- Partnerof a New Zealander Resident provide PR to the immigrant if their partner is a citizen of New Zealand.
- The work visa is for studentswho have a job offer in the country.
- The familyvisa is for the immigrant who has close relatives in New Zealand.
- The Community Sponsored RefugeeResident Visa provides services in PR to the refugees sponsored by the community in New Zealand.
The students who have completed their graduation and have a job offer from any organization in NZ are eligible for a Work visa. The work visa is a way for the students which they can work at least five years in the country.
The immigrant gets an advantage if he/she is a student as there are lots of job opportunities for them after their graduation.
- First, the PR points are obtained through an age limit, which means the lesser the age greater the PR points. It simply means the younger employee will give more output.
- Then the student can gain more points if he/she has a close family living in New Zealand already. The student will gain 10 points for this.
- Getting a job offer can boost up the points as the student will gain 50 points if he/she has a job offer in New Zealand.
- If the graduate has already worked for one year in some organization, then 60 PR points will be awarded.
- PR points also depend on the qualifications of the student/immigrant, and one will get the highest 60 points if he/she is pursuing a master’s degree in New Zealand.
New Zealand PR Process
Before getting to know the whole process of obtaining a Permanent Residency in New Zealand, you need to know the requirements to fulfil to make yourself eligible for the same.
These requirements are as follows:
- The applicant should be below 55 years of age.
- The applicant should have good health.
- The applicant should have a character certificate.
- The applicant should be proficientin the English language.
- The applicant must have a job offer letterfrom a company domiciled in New Zealand.
- The applicant should have work experience of at least three years.
- The applicant should possess a Resident Visa for at least two yearsbefore applying for a Permanent Residence.
- The applicant must show commitment to New Zealandin the form of minimum time spent in the country or a tax residence status or investment or business in New Zealand or an established base in New Zealand.
There are several pathways available to obtain the Permanent Residency Viz. Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa, Partner of a New Zealand Resident Visa, Global Impact Permanent Resident Visa, Long Term Skill Shortage Work Visa, etc.
The Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa is the most popular way of getting a Permanent Resident status in New Zealand. It is based on a pointer system and a minimum score of 100-135 is desirable to qualify for the Expression of Interest (EOI) pool. However, to get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) status, one must score 140 points.
New Zealand PR Points
PR points are the score obtained by a skilled immigrant, which increases the chances of them staying in the country. It is a parameter on which the immigration department of New Zealand will decide whether to consider the immigrant/student for a work permit.
The work permit allows the graduate to work at least five years in the country. The students must consider New Zealand PR Points important and act accordingly in Universities.
New Zealand Immigration
New Zealand has a liberal, but high-quality immigration system. New Zealand has a well-placed system of rules and regulations which provide seamless entry into the country.
Immigration New Zealand looks after the country’s immigration rules and laws to support their economic growth and strengthen their relationship with other parts of the world. The immigration system in New Zealand offers a range of visas for visits, work, study, live, or invest in New Zealand.
How to Get PR in New Zealand?
The government of New Zealand blocks all the loopholes in getting the PR easily for the students. Earlier it was an easy task as the student automatically became eligible for the PR. But it is not next to impossible to get PR in New Zealand.
There are ways defined for the students by which they can get the PR. The graduate students seem to fit right for the PR in New Zealand or those who possess a job offer in the country.
- Apply for PR while studying in the last or second last semesters of your course in a recognized university.
- Then state your intentions in staying in NZ clearly because it is important.
- After getting all the things right, the student can submit his points such as job offers, relatives, points, etc.
- The points will add up to ensure every parameter is fulfilled.
- If all the things went right then, the student would get the PR of New Zealand.
New Zealand PR Rules
The permanent residency rules provide many benefits such as living in the nation, working, studying, and travel to and from the country at any time, etc. But the student/migrant should consider the rules strict as the government doesn’t provide PR so quickly.
Earlier the population was low, so it was easy to get a PR, but now the huge population has led to strict rules for the immigrants who are applying it.
- The student/immigrant should be of a good character.
- The student/immigrant should have good physical and mental health.
- The immigrant should also clarify the reasons for staying in the country.
- The immigrant should have good command in English listening and speaking skills.
- Adhere to these rules, and you can apply for the PR in NZ.
There is much more to know about so many other programs for Immigration to New Zealand. You can get easy access to all this information through a free consultation with the best immigration consultants in Saudi Arabia. Meet our experts and know more about how you can migrate to your dream country easily.
Emigrantz Global Consultancy registered and partnered with ICCRC (ICCRC – R407847) has more than a decade’s experience in the immigration industry. We have been fulfilling the needs of Permanent residency, student visa, business visa and work permit aspirants for Canada along with other countries.
We are just a call / email away to help you in making your dreams come true.
Contact us on : +966-547598555 / 966-569521000 / 966-541219841