A temporary resident is a foreign national granted the right to stay in a country for a certain length of time (e.g. with a visa or residency permit), without full citizenship. This may be for study, business, or other reasons.
Reasons for Inadmissibility & to Apply for a Temporary Resident Permit
There are many reasons why foreign nationals may be deemed inadmissible. For instance, if you have been convicted of an offence and five years have not yet passed since the completion of your sentence or if more than five years have elapsed since the completion of your sentence and you have not received a decision on a Criminal Rehabilitation application. In these circumstances, you could apply for a Temporary Resident Permit. Subsequently, circumstances of inadmissibility can include:
- Criminal Records due to criminal offences such as assault or theft
- Diagnosis of an infectious disease
- Involvement in terrorism or with a group that sponsors terrorism
- Violation of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)
- Inability to financially support yourself or any dependent family members
On a temporary residence permit, a foreign national, including students, skilled workers and people interested in tourism possess a legal status required to stay in countries such as Canada, Australia, the United States Of America, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. Emigrantz being a licensed immigration firm ensures that our clients get this visa as expeditiously as probable by involving streamlined methods and objective, certain and realistic obligations and standards and without spending excessive managerial capacity. These giant countries have always promoted fiscal evolution through the service of needed foreign labor, enable overseas ventures, allows entering of remarkably capable and qualified people, helping academic interactions and promoting tourism. A temporary resident, therefore, is allowed a temporary entry for a specific purpose. To opt for this visa category, you should have a permanent residence abroad. Come and grab this opportunity and experience some of the world-class benefits.
Things you must know about Visitor Visas:
- The Visitor Visa process is usually hassle-free and is easily obtained by applicants who possess a genuine reason for their travel purpose or have made an international trip before.
- Most Visitor Visa applicants are required to show to the government officials that they have enough funds to support themselves during the visit and that they have arranged for proper accommodations while living on a Visitor Visa.
- Applicants who have applied for the Visitor Visa are asked to submit their documents to validate their application. While the USA is an exception when it comes to this, most other countries do not ask the applicant to be present for an interview process.
- Biometric testing of the applicant is done by most of the countries when they are issued with a Visitor Visa.
- The Visitor Visa is typically given to the applicant for a period that ranges from 3 to 6 months based on the country.
What are the Types of Visitor Visas?
There are many types of visas required for doing different things outside of your own country. Travel, Work and Business are the most common reasons. Remember that every country has different requirements and different processes.
- Visitor Visa/Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Work Visa/Employment Visa
- Transit Visa
- Single-Entry, Double-Entry or Multiple-Entry Visas
- Sponsored Family Visitor Visa
Documents Required for a Tourist/Visitor Visa:
The basic requirements of the Tourist Visa are as follows:
- Health check-up
- Financial documents
- Certificates of your character
- Providing accommodation based on several charges.
Other documents include:
- Completed and filled form of the visa application
- Upload photographs digitally as mentioned per the specification.
- Your valid passport must have a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of intended departure
- Valid passport bio page photocopy
- Copy of your two-way tickets that you have to submit at the time of your application
- Latest bank statements as proof of sufficient funds
- An invitation letter from the sponsor, family member, or friend residing overseas
- Financial statement of the sponsor, family member, or friend
- Passport photocopy of the sponsor
- Marriage certificate if you are married to a foreign national
- In the case of minors, the marriage certificate and birth certificate of the parents
- Proof of enough funds
- Invitation letter: If visiting relatives or friends, a letter of invitation from the relative or friend in Australia
- Hotel booking confirmation
Processing Time for Tourist Visas
The visitor visa application processing time normally varies from one country to another.
Australia – Typical processing time for a 6-month-visitor-visa application to Australia is about 2 – 4 weeks from the date of submitting the visa application.
Canada – Ideal processing time for the Canada visitor visa application is a maximum of 15 days from the date of submitting the application.
USA – It can take anywhere from 3 – 5 weeks’ time for processing the USA Visitor Visa.The visa application processing time for the US generally depends on the type of visa and the workload.
United Kingdom – Expect a decision within 3 weeks of attending the appointment at the visa application center when you are applying for a UK Standard Visitor Visa.
New Zealand – Again, processing time for visitor visa applications depends on the workload. Majority of visa applications are found to be cleared within 3 months.