The UK visitor visa which is also known as the Standard Visitor Visa is a UK short stay visa that allows its holder to stay in the UK for up to 6 months. However, the embassy has the right to issue visas for a shorter period of time. This visa is established for those that wish to travel to the United Kingdom for purposes of:
- To visit family members.
- Medical treatment.
- For professional reasons.
- The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the following types of visas:
- Family Visitor visa.
- General Visitor visa.
- Child Visitor visa.
- Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists.
- Sports Visitor visa.
- Entertainer Visitor visa.
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa.
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa.
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa.
Do I Need To Apply for a Tourist Visa to Travel to the UK?
Whether you need to obtain a Tourist visa to be able to travel to the UK depends on your nationality. You will need to obtain a UK tourist visa if you are a national of one of the countries listed here. To be eligible to apply for a tourist visa for the UK you must pass the general grounds for refusal.
How to Apply for a UK Visitor Visa?
The application for a UK visitor visa must be made from outside the UK. The earliest you can apply for this visa is 30 days prior to your planned travel to the UK.
To apply for a visa to visit the UK you will go through these simple steps:
- Check if you are eligible for a tourist visa.
- Complete the online application form.
- Collect the required documents.
- Schedule an appointment.
- Attend the interview.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR UK VISITOR VISA
The documentation required for the UK visit visa includes:
- Personal details
- Salary and financial details
- Travel itinerary and travel history
- Proof that you can fund your stay adequately
- Proof that you can pay for your air travel to and from the UK
- Proof that you will leave the UK at the end of the visit
What can you do with a UK Visitor Visa?
With the UK tourist visa, a holder must not use public medical services only private ones, must not use public funds, get married or enter a civil partnership and not announce any of them, and must not get a voluntary job.
Job-related activities allowed for a Standard Visitor Visa holder are:
- Participate in a conference, regular meeting, or training, or in a sport-related event;
- As an artist to perform in an artistic, entertaining, or music activity;
- As an academic to do a research study;
- As academic accompanying students who are about to enroll in Foreign Studies Programme;
- Engage in a clinical duty, or in a job as an observer, doctor or dentist;
- Undertake a test of the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB), or of the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE);
- Undertake a test of the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB), or of the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
DURATION OF STAY
You can stay for up to six months on this visa. You can extend your stay if you have come to the UK for private medical treatment by paying additional charges.
You can also extend your stay if you are in the country to attend an academic program.
LONG –TERM VISITOR VISA
If you need to visit the country for a longer period, you can apply for the long-term Standard Visitor visa with duration of either 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months during every visit.
Emigrantz Global Consultancy registered and partnered with ICCRC (ICCRC – R407847) has more than a decade’s experience in the immigration industry. We have been fulfilling the needs of Permanent residency, student visa, business visa and work permit aspirants for Canada along with other countries.
We are just a call / email away to help you in making your dreams come true.
Contact us on : +966-547598555 / 966-569521000 / 966-541219841