UK remains a great power with considerable economic, cultural, military, scientific and political influence internationally. In the late 1990’s, the pace and scale of migration increased to a level without historical precedent. Indeed, the foreign-born population of England and Wales, more than doubled increasing by nearly four million in the twenty years between the 1991 and 2011 censuses. It has now reached 13.4% of our population. This massive increase dwarfs the scale of any previous inflow in our history which likely concludes the welcoming approach towards immigrants.
The UK is one of the World’s most popular immigration destinations if you wish to live and work in a new country. Since 1 December 2020 before the end of the Brexit transition period the UK visa points system was made easier for skilled workers. However, the UK Innovator visa and UK Start-Up visa schemes have made entry more difficult for many business owners.
In many cases you need to come under the UK points-based visa system which measures applicants against various criteria designed to assess their eligibility for a UK work or study visa. Most work-related visa applications such as the Skilled Worker visa (formerly Tier 2 visa) scheme, as well as study visa (formerly Tier 4 visa) applications are made through this system. Increasingly the current Boris Johnson government is discontinuing the use of the word “tier” in the points based visa system.
Why settle in UK?
- Strong economy with established industries
- Huge demand for skilled talent to power its advanced economy
- Vibrant, entrenched Indian community
- Exceptional and free healthcare via NHS
- Home to some of the world’s best universities
- Powerful passport to facilitate global travel
- You need to take English Language Proficiency Test. This mainly includes IELTS and TOEFL.
- You should belong from a country which is not being included in the European Economic Area or the EEA.
- You should have all the required documents, work experience certificates and others needed to enroll in a college or apply for a job to enter in UK.
- You should have the required amount of funds needed to support yourself during your stay on a student or work visa for initial years in UK.
- You are also required to submit character and health certificates that will further prove your qualification for the required visa.
UK Immigration Process
The United Kingdom comprises of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Being one of the world’s most sought after migration destinations, the UK offers an array of options for individuals seeking to settle down. Typically, individuals need to first move to the UK temporarily and then apply for an ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain). Some of the ways to move to the UK include:
- Migrating to the UK with a job offer on hand
- Settling down in the UK through the student route
- Settling down in the UK if you are married or engaged to a UK citizen or permanent resident
- Migrating to the UK as an entrepreneur setting up a business
- Migrating to the UK as an investor
In order to migrate to the UK, candidates will need a good IELTS score and must meet all professional, legal and financial criteria. These criteria depend on your chosen migration path. Y-Axis helps individuals identify the correct immigration route and then assists them at every step of their migration journey. Our two decades of immigration experience make us your best option to increase your chances of settling down in the UK.