Australia is opening its doors wider to new migrants.
The government has announced that it will increase the intake of migrants by almost 20,000 in the next five years.
The Australian Population Research Institute says this will help ease congestion on public transport, road networks and housing.
The increase comes after a record-high number of 457 visa applications were lodged in 2019.
Australian Universities Intakes: February vs July vs November Intakes
Intakes for international students are available in Australia for the first, second, and third semesters. The first semester’s admission begins in February, the second semester’s in July, and the third semester’s in November.
Australian Intake Eligibility Requirements
Before submitting an application for any university intake in Australia, you must meet specific eligibility requirements. The eligibility requirements and standards that are recognized by the majority of Australian universities are listed below.
- Academic qualifications
- Language proficiency test
- GRE or GMAT scores
- Passport & Student Visa
Let’s discuss each one below:
- Academic Qualifications: The level of your degree will determine the academic requirements you must meet to apply for the Australia intakes for international students. For instance, you must have completed at least upper-division coursework to be eligible to apply for bachelor’s degrees. Additionally, a bachelor’s degree from an approved university is required to apply for a master’s degree in Australia.
- Language Proficiency Test: If you are not a native speaker, you must take the language test. To be admitted to Australian universities, you must demonstrate your language ability. The two most often used exams in the nation are the TOEFL and IELTS. The threshold for both tests is 0 for IELTS and for TOEFL iBT is 90.
- GRE or GMAT Scores: By some Australia intake 2022, the GRE or GMAT scores are not necessary. Due to the pandemic, certain universities in Australia have made it optional for some of the incoming students. However, it is a requirement for the evaluation at some prestigious colleges and business schools. For admission, excellent scores would be a GMAT of 650 and a GRE of 280.
- Passport & Student Visa: To apply for any foreign student intake in Australia in 2022, you must have a copy of your passport and student visa. To prevent any form of application submission delay, confirm that you can apply for a passport prior to the application deadline.
Australian intake benefits
When you apply to Australian universities for the class of 2022, you have a wide range of course options. Additionally, some Australian intake months have high acceptance rates for universities. The following are some advantages you may receive from Australian intakes:
Take entrance exams more quickly
Once you’ve submitted an application for admission during an intake season, it’s important to sign up for the necessary entrance exams, such as the GMAT, GRE, or IELTS. For instance, it gives you the opportunity to take the GRE or GMAT well in advance of the language competence exams. other exams, like as the TOEFL or IELTS. In addition to this, be aware that if you don’t achieve the cutoff score for the university you’re interested in, you must retake the entrance exam.
Application Deadline Submission
Because the February intake is the most competitive in Australia, you might have the opportunity to start working on your application well in advance of the deadlines. This will give you enough time before the processing starts to fulfil all the prerequisites that were missed and fix any errors. Each of these documents requires a significant amount of time to complete, whether you want to write a powerful SOP or need reference letters from your former academic lecturers. Therefore, it will be best for you to submit the application as soon as possible.
Preparation for Student Visas
You may now plan your time to apply for the visa as you are aware of the deadlines for the intake of international students in Australia. A crucial document necessary for admittance to any university is the student visa. The intakes will provide you some additional time to submit your passport and visa applications as soon as possible.
Emigrantz Global Consultancy registered and partnered with ICCRC (ICCRC – R407847) has more than a decade’s experience in the immigration industry. We have been fulfilling the needs of Permanent residency, student visa, business visa and work permit aspirants for Canada along with other countries.
We are just a call / email away to help you in making your dreams come true.
Contact us on: +966-547598555 / 966-569521000 / 966-541219841
Email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org