The UK Government announced significant changes to the UK immigration rules (the Rules). These changes take effect on various dates between 6 April 2022 and 22 August 2022. The changes include introducing new immigration routes, as well as rebranding and updating existing routes to attract top talent to the UK.

Visa application process

New immigration routes have opened for applications to work, live and study in the UK.

You can apply and pay for your visa online.

When you apply, you’ll be asked to provide your biometric information.

Skilled workers

The points-based system includes a route for skilled workers who have a job offer from an approved employer sponsor.

The job you’re offered will need to be at a required skill level of RQF3 or above (equivalent to A level). You’ll also need to be able to speak English and be paid the relevant salary threshold by your sponsor. This will either be the general salary threshold of £25,600 or the going rate for your job, whichever is higher.

If you earn less than this – but no less than £20,480 – you may still be able to apply by ‘trading’ points on specific characteristics against your salary. For example, if you have a job offer in a shortage occupation or have a PhD relevant to the job.

Global talent scheme

The global talent scheme has been opened up to EU, EEA and Swiss citizens. It allows highly-skilled scientists and researchers to come to the UK without a job offer.

International students and graduates

Student visa routes have been opened up to EU, EEA and Swiss citizens. You can apply for a visa to study in the UK if you:

  • have been offered a place on a course
  • can speak, read, write and understand English
  • have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course

A new graduate visa is available to international students who have completed a degree in the UK.

Visiting the UK

EU, EEA and Swiss citizens and other non-visa nationals do not require a visa to enter the UK when visiting the UK for up to 6 months. All migrants looking to enter the UK for other reasons (such as work or study) will need to apply for entry clearance in advance.

Getting married

You must apply for a Marriage Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK to get married or register a civil partnership.

If you or your family are from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein

You may need to apply for a Marriage Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK to get married or register a civil partnership.


The introduction of new routes for highly skilled workers to come to the UK will be seen as a positive step in recruiting and retaining top talent in the UK.

The UK Government intends to introduce further changes to the Rules as part of its “New Plan for Immigration” in hopes to develop a UK immigration system that will contribute to economic growth in the UK. At present these are not believed to include a replacement for the Investor category.






Emigrantz Global Consultancy registered and partnered with ICCRC (ICCRC – R407847) has more than a decade’s experience in the immigration industry. We have been fulfilling the needs of Permanent residency, student visa, business visa and work permit aspirants for Canada along with other countries.

We are just a call / email away to help you in making your dreams come true.

Contact us on: +966-547598555 / 966-569521000 / 966-541219841

Email : /