A Visitor Visa is issued to people who want to visit a country for leisure, medical treatment or tourism.
It is a visa given to people who want to enter a foreign country for short-term purposes. Be it for a vacation, medical-treatment, or attending a conference or any other purposes. Especially for countries like the United Kingdom, Canada, USA, Australia, a visit-visa is a must.
Things you must know about Visitor Visas:
- The Visitor Visa process is usually hassle-free and is easily obtained by applicants who possess a genuine reason for their travel purpose or have made an international trip before.
- Most Visitor Visa applicants are required to show to the government officials that they have enough funds to support themselves during the visit and that they have arranged for proper accommodations while living on a Visitor Visa.
- Applicants who have applied for the Visitor Visa are asked to submit their documents to validate their application. While the USA is an exception when it comes to this, most other countries do not ask the applicant to be present for an interview process.
- Biometric testing of the applicant is done by most of the countries when they are issued with a Visitor Visa.
- The Visitor Visa is typically given to the applicant for a period that ranges from 3 to 6 months based on the country.
What are the Types of Visitor Visas?
There are many types of visas required for doing different things outside of your own country. Travel, Work and Business are the most common reasons. Remember that every country has different requirements and different processes.
- Visitor Visa/Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Work Visa/Employment Visa
- Transit Visa
- Single-Entry, Double-Entry or Multiple-Entry Visas
- Sponsored Family Visitor Visa
Documents Required for a Tourist/Visitor Visa:
The basic requirements of the Tourist Visa are as follows:
- Health check-up
- Financial documents
- Certificates of your character
- Providing accommodation based on several charges.
Other documents include:
- Completed and filled form of the visa application
- Upload photographs digitally as mentioned per the specification.
- Your valid passport must have a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of intended departure
- Valid passport bio page photocopy
- Copy of your two-way tickets that you have to submit at the time of your application
- Latest bank statements as proof of sufficient funds
- An invitation letter from the sponsor, family member, or friend residing overseas
- Financial statement of the sponsor, family member, or friend
- Passport photocopy of the sponsor
- Marriage certificate if you are married to a foreign national
- In the case of minors, the marriage certificate and birth certificate of the parents
- Proof of enough funds
- Invitation letter: If visiting relatives or friends, a letter of invitation from the relative or friend in Australia
- Hotel booking confirmation
Processing Time for Tourist Visas
The visitor visa application processing time normally varies from one country to another.
Australia – Typical processing time for a 6-month-visitor-visa application to Australia is about 2 – 4 weeks from the date of submitting the visa application.
Canada – Ideal processing time for the Canada visitor visa application is a maximum of 15 days from the date of submitting the application.
USA – It can take anywhere from 3 – 5 weeks’ time for processing the USA Visitor Visa.The visa application processing time for the US generally depends on the type of visa and the workload.
United Kingdom – Expect a decision within 3 weeks of attending the appointment at the visa application center when you are applying for a UK Standard Visitor Visa.
New Zealand – Again, processing time for visitor visa applications depends on the workload. Majority of visa applications are found to be cleared within 3 months.
Emigrantz Global Consultancy offers assistance in visitor visa processing and extends it’s post landing service by helping you find good accommodations and tourist packages.