An eTA is a government-issued authorization to travel to Canada by air, land or sea. It allows you to enter Canada without a visa. If you’re traveling from the United States, for example on an American Airlines flight, this will be included in your ticket price when purchasing online or at the airport before departure.

The eTA application process can be expensive, but there are ways around this cost if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed below:

What is eTA?

An eTA is an electronic travel authorization that can be used to enter Canada at any port of entry. It’s valid for up to 6 months and allows multiple entries into Canada. If you’re travelling southbound (from the United States), you’ll need an ESTA if your trip includes a return flight within 90 days of departure—or if it’s less than 30 days after arrival and all travel documents have been validated by the CBSA at least once in their possession before leaving home country (this includes temporary residents who don’t normally need an eTA).

How to apply for an eTA?

You can apply for an eTA by:

  • Online.
  • By mail.
  • In person at a business office in Canada or the United States that has been designated by the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The business offices can be found on IRCC’s website.

You must have your passport, travel document and proof of permanent residency when applying for an eTA online or by mail/in person at one of these designated locations. If you need more information about how to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), visit our website.

Does my passport have to be valid for 6 months if I am traveling from USA to Canada?

Yes, your passport must be valid for 6 months if you are traveling from USA to Canada. You can apply for an eTA if your passport is less than 6 months old, or more than 6 months old.

What are the requirements to apply for an eTA?

You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada to apply for an eTA.

You need to have a valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity.

A valid eTA is required before you can enter into the country.

You should also make sure that your passport has at least six months’ validity as per the requirement set by the country you’re visiting, so that it can be used for entry purposes as well as other things like renting cars in foreign countries or getting medical services in those countries (which may require an international insurance).

You can travel to Canada without a visa if you have an eTA.

You may apply for this online, by telephone or in person at the Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your home country.

The eTA is an electronic travel authorization that is required for citizens of some countries who want to visit Canada. It must be applied for prior to your trip and is valid for 3 months from the date it was issued. You can apply online or by mail, but you must use one of these two methods because they are faster than when applying at a Canadian Visa office.



Emigrantz Global Consultancy registered and partnered with ICCRC (ICCRC – R407847) has more than a decade’s experience in the immigration industry. We have been fulfilling the needs of Permanent residency, student visa, business visa and work permit aspirants for Canada along with other countries.

We are just a call / email away to help you in making your dreams come true.

Contact us on: +966-547598555 / 966-569521000 / 966-541219841

Email : /