What is ICCRC?
The Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council(ICCRC) is a national regulatory body which operates with the purpose of serving and protecting the public by overseeing regulated immigration and international student advising professionals. According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act as well as the Citizenship Act of Canada, anyone who provides immigration or citizenship advice for a fee or any other consideration must be a member of ICCRC. The licensed immigration consultants are known as Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs).
How to check if an immigration consultant is genuine
One of the most effective ways to find out whether an immigration consultant is genuine or not is to check whether they have registered with the ICCRC. You may enter the RCIC’s name, registration number or the company name into the ICCRC website and find out whether they have an immigration professional page on it.
The Law Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), Section 91:
No person shall knowingly, directly, or indirectly, represent or advise on immigration matters for a fee unless they are:
- Immigration Consultants who are members in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC Member).
- Lawyers and paralegals who are members in good standing of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society.
- Notaries who are members in good standing of the Chambre des notaires du Québec
ICCRC Members practice and specialize in Canadian immigration law. They are governed by Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC)
Other than Legal Aspect, other reasons to appoint an ICCRC Member to represent your application to IRCC:
- Hiring an ICCRC member assures you of quality services.
- RCIC’s are competent and have latest information of Canadian Immigration law, program updates, guidelines and they practice and run their business according to a strict, enforceable code of conduct.
- For the client, ICCRC Consultant is a guarantee of Quality and Professionalism.
- ICCRC Certificate confirms that the Consultant is an authorize representative recognized by the Federal, Provincial and Territorial Governments.
What if your agent is not approved member of ICCRC?
Always ask your agent if they are licensed by ICCRC or not and check their membership & credentials before starting your immigration process. If your agent is not licensed, you:
- May get false immigration information and procedures.
- Applicants who pay an unauthorized representative and fail to disclose this information to the Canadian Government may have their applications returned or refused.
- You may be held responsible for choosing an unauthorized representative for which you might get banned up to two years before you can reapply.
- An Unauthorized agent may charge you unofficial hefty payments directly or indirectly.
- You may get into trap of false commitments and unauthorized agents may use unethical & forged documents into your application, which may lead to denial of applications and possibly a ban because of misrepresentation.
IMMIGRATION FRAUD AND SCAMS
Immigration fraud is a serious crime and can take many forms. The information on this page is for everyone and not just for BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) applicants. If you suspect or know about immigration fraud and scams happening, please read the following information.
Who Are ICCRC Agents?
Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) is a non-profit organization selected by Canadian Government to legalize the immigration counseling career and uphold user’s inquisitiveness.
The names listed in the ICCRC membership directory are all renown and well positioned in ICCRC allied with Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC), or is a certified Agent acknowledged as official Representatives by Immigration and citizenship Canada.
To simplify the definition of ICCRC agents I would like to tell you that they are Canada government authorized representative of the case for the subclass that you are interested to apply for.
Advantage of appointing an ICCRC Agent to represent your case?
The advantage of hiring an ICCRC registered consultant is that they make the whole immigration process simple, accurate and fast paced through their expertise and experience. Canada migration is a tricky process where it seems easy but when we go in the depth we find out how important it is to understand the whole process and the documentation correctly. A small error can lead to disapproval of visa application.
Emigrantz Global Consultancy registered and partnered with ICCRC (ICCRC – R407847) has more than a decade’s experience in the immigration industry. We have been fulfilling the needs of Permanent residency, student visa, business visa and work permit aspirants for Canada along with other countries.
We are just a call / email away to help you in making your dreams come true.
Contact us on : +966-547598555 / 966-569521000 / 966-541219841
Email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org